This part is a new C5 LMC5 Steering Column Lock Simulator which can be installed on any of the following Corvette models:
Body & Trim
50th Anniversary Edition, 50th Anniversary Edition Pace Car, Base, Z06
Base, Indianapolis 500 Pace Car
NOTE: This part does not include the LMC5 Steering Wheel Unlocker (sold separately). The Unlocker is needed if your steering wheel locks when the key is removed or if it remains locked all the time due to a column lock system failure. If your steering wheel turns freely when the key is out of the ignition, you do NOT need the LMC5 Steering Wheel Unlocker.
THE LMC5 Steering Column Lock Simulator, Explained.
The LMC5 Steering Column Lock Simulator is a device which interfaces with the Body Control Module (BCM) in a 1997 to 2004 Corvette. This device simulates the entire steering column lock subsystem and supplies necessary signals to the BCM. It allows the vehicle to function properly by bypassing the factory, fault-prone steering column lock system.
The LMC5 Steering Column Lock Simulator can:
- Be easily installed in a 1997 to 2004 Corvette by attaching it directly to the BCM in a nearly tool-less procedure.
- Eliminate the need to do any difficult, time-consuming column lock system diagnostics or testing.
- Simulate a properly functioning column lock system which enables normal vehicle operation.
- Prevent column lock failure.
- Stop the “Service Column Lock” and “Pull Key, Wait 10 Seconds” messages from appearing.
- Stop the 2mph fuel cut-off.