This part is a good, used C4 Center Air Deflector which can be installed on any of the following Corvette models:
Body & Trim
Base, Collector’s Edition, Grand Sport
Base, Indianapolis 500 Pace Car, ZR-1
40th Anniversary Edition, Base, ZR-1
35th Anniversary Edition, Base
Base, Indianapolis 500 Pace Car
NOTE: This item is under the front of the vehicle and scrapes parking blocks and curbs. It may have some scratches in the plastic.
What is an Air Deflector?
The purpose of an air deflector is to direct air flow into the radiator cavity which initiates the process of cooling your Corvette’s engine. If the first stage of the cooling process is interrupted by a damaged air deflector, the engine will lose it’s ability to “naturally” cool itself off. The lower air dams are designed to direct air flow to the Corvette’s engine and without working air deflectors, less air will be directed into the engine ultimately leading to a decreases in performance.
1984 to 1990 First Design Features:
- Short Version
- Fits all 1984 Corvette models
- Fits First Design 1985 Corvette models
- Fits 1987 to 1980 Corvette models without the Z51 performance handling package.
1984 to 1990 Second Design Features:
- Deep Version (4.25″)
- Fits Second Design 1985 Corvette models
- Fits all 1986 Corvette models
- Fits 1987 to 1989 Corvette models with the Z51 performance handling package.
GM Part Numbers:
1991 to 1996
1984 to 1990, 2nd Design with stiffening ribs
1984 to 1990, 1st Design without stiffening ribs